I’m so stoked to announce that myself and Adam Walker from The Cycling Co. will be teaming up to provide the community with an even better experience when it comes to Mountain Bike instruction and coaching.
Next level Riding has enjoyed 3 fantastic full years of successful operation, working with hundreds of clients and young riders; but now is the time to hang up my directors hat.
As of July 1st 2022 Next Level Riding will no longer be taking any bookings!
I will however continue to offer the same programs as before, but now under the banner of The Cycling Co. and with additional input and support from Adam Walker.
This collaboration will bring the ultimate in sports coaching and MTB programs to the Cowichan Valley in one neat package, from grass roots riding to high performance athlete coaching and support. The Cycling Co. will now be able to provide a smooth transition from recreational riding to provincial and national team coaching, the possibilities are now all available to you through The Cycling Co.
I’m so excited for this new direction!
Who is Adam Walker and what is the Cycling Co?
The Cycling Co., founded by Adam Walker and his wife Mariska Richters in 2016, has been offering programs across the South Island (and in the Cowichan Valley since 2018). The Cycling Co. relocated to the Cowichan Valley in 2020. Mariska grew up in the Cowichan Valley, so it was only a matter of time until she and Adam would make it home, once again.
A former Canadian National Team MTB and Road athlete, Adam has been coaching for many years. Over time, he shifted to a gravity focus with the growing popularity of Enduro racing. Eventually that came to include DH as well, and Adam now works with the Norco Factory Team as the Athlete Performance Specialist across all disciplines.
In addition, Adam is a BC Provincial Team coach at Cycling BC and also contributes to Cycling Canada’s National Team in a coaching role on a contract basis
“The merging of these programs enhances an already strong youth development pathway from grassroots to high performance,” says Walker.
“Now, more than ever, a young athlete could join the Dirt Squad program, say at age 8, and follow our development stream all the way to a provincial team, and on to the top levels of the sport.”
Up until June 30th 2022
- Alan will continue to accept bookings at Next Level Riding for any private lessons.
- The bookings calendar will be live and accepting bookings until the end of June.
- Any existing Gift Certificates must be cashed in and lessons completed before the end of June 2022.
- All communications will take place by connecting with Alan as per usual.
After July 1st 2022
- Adam Walker and the Cycling Co will take over all administration and bookings through the Cycling Co website.
- Clients can still request a private lesson with Alan Churchill, but this must happen through the Cycling Co website.
- Alan will be leading the Summer Camps in the Cowichan Valley, but operating now as Cycling Co.
- No bookings will be available through Next Level Riding.