Updated Operational Policies – June 30th
For those wishing to attend a lesson you must observe the following phase 3 rules and policies. Thank you.
- If you have any symptoms of cold or flu, including fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and painful swallowing, you must self-isolate at home for a minimum of 10 days – You are not permitted to attend and will be turned away from participating.
- Waivers will not be signed in person and must be completed online before I can confirm your lesson.
- Medical forms must also be completed online prior to a lesson.
- Clients must observe physical distancing rules of at least 6 feet (2 meters) when stationary. A greater distance will be observed when in motion on the trail.
- Clients must not physically contact other clients, no hugs, handshakes, or first bumps, unless you are family members.
- Spitting on the trail is not permitted. If you feel the need to clear your mouth, you must stop and go far off trail to do so.
- Clients must bring their own water and snacks from home as you will not be able to borrow from someone else. If you do not have your own water container for a ride, you will not be permitted to ride.
- Clients are not permitted to switch bikes with another client.
- Clients are not to touch another clients bike.
- Clients are required to make sure their bike is in excellent working order prior to attending a lesson.
- If your bike fails during a lesson, the guide will ask you to step back from your bike and will maintain your bike by following a strict sanitization process.
- The municipality of North Cowichan requires that you bring your own hand sanitizer and use as necessary. (There is no sanitizer in the washrooms at Mount Tzouhalem)
- If during a ride clients refuse to maintain a physical distance, the lesson will be stopped.
- Participants will be required to conduct their own bike safety checks.
- Participants are encouraged to wash their bike and equipment (including gloves) after each ride.
You must Sign the Medical Form acknowledging that you have read these policies before taking part in a lesson.
If you have any concerns or requests please contact me.
If you or anyone you know is in need of mental support during these times, here is the recommended resource.